Thursday, September 24, 2009

working man

I'm loving the fall so far. I can handle this weather for sure, but I know that it will change. It is a season of transitions. Each of our summer rhythms are changing into new fall rhythms. Along w/ starting new small groups, beginning mentoring college guys, and continuing our Monday Bible study, I've starting working part time at a great neighborhood coffee house, The Firehouse Cafe (http://homepage.mac.com/mattchristman/firehouse/index.html). In my humble opinion, it is by far the best neighborhood hub, gathering neighbors and building community. I'll be working about 20 hours a week, and will see if this is too much this quarter (then adjust if necessary). I'm excited to have already begun meeting folks and develop new relationships. I figure I could knock on 50 doors, or work for a few hours and meet more people in a manner that is more organic, non-intrusive, and natural. I feel very blessed that God opened this door for me. You can pray that He would continue opening relational doors as I build deeper relationships w/ coworkers and regular customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment