Wednesday, February 10, 2010

why i work at the firehouse

Yesterday I worked at the Firehouse Cafe, as I do every Monday and Tuesday. Before my shift I prayed that God would help me to see what He was already doing in people's lives, to give me the insight into how I could be a blessing to others, and for opportunities to put in a good word for Him where I could. As my shift started, a semi-regular asked me what else I do besides making coffee. I shared that I'm a pastor starting a new church. She was very intrigued, so I shared my vision for the church. I imagine I'll invite her to things in the future. Next, I reconnected w/ some new friends who are not Christians. It was slow so I sat w/ them, laughed w/ them, heard what was new w/ them, and shared again about the church and the faith. I got their info and we will hopefully have them over for a meal and more good conversation. Then I chatted w/ another regular about a Tolstoy's book "What is Given to Men" (a must read), which I've read and he was returning. It was a cool conversation about faith. I'm not sure where he at w/ Christ, but books like that allow us to talk about Jesus together. Finally as the shift was ended, I spoke again w/ the owner of the Firehouse about our walks w/ Christ as they relate to our walks w/ neighbors, friends, and family. It was a cool day, an answer to prayer, and confirmed for me why I spend time there making coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment