Monday, May 31, 2010

plant update

So we've been at this thing for about a year and a half now. This thing being, starting a church. For the first 6 months we discerned where in NW Washington God was leading us to serve. Bellingham kept coming up, and was confirmed, so about a year ago we moved here. Since that time we have made it our priority to simply build relationships and friendships, w/ neighbors, coworkers, fellow church goers. It has been a fun year, living in a fun place.

About a month ago I really felt the nudge from God to begin taking the next step of faith. I believe after a year of living here, it is time to start gathering our initial prayer/planning group, our launch/core team. So for the last month I've been having intentional conversations w/ friends who have walked w/ us for this year. In some conversations my friends said they did not feel the tug to join us in the ambiguity of starting this church, and in other conversations friends had been waiting for such an invitation. In all of them, I feel like friendships were deepened, and God was honored.

So now I am done w/ my initial short list of friends I was going to ask to join us. We have 5, maybe 6, households. Now my hope is to get them all together and have a party, a time when they can all get to know each other better. Then hopefully soon there after we will meet, and pray, and begin daydreaming about what God has in store for us. Perhaps we will decide on a name, a worship time, and how we can serve our neighbors.

I am very encouraged. I am excited to see what God has in store for us this season. Thanks for your prayers and support of us and the ministry God is unfolding.

No comments:

Post a Comment