Monday, June 8, 2009

time

One interesting discovery I've made recently has to do w/ my use of time. There are days when the day is mine and I can do what I wish (hang w/ folks, read, do whatever). Other days, I have competing very valuable things I can to choose from. For instance on Tuesday evenings, there are several beneficial activities I feel I "should" participate in for the good of our ministry. I can go to a running club where I can meet people from the community, I can attend a study group w/ some spiritually-open neighbors, or I can attend a small group from another church. Tuesday evenings represent my week in general.

The question is a philosophical question of my time. With the task of gathering folks together for the church plant, I have a choice of options. Do I focus on meeting folks from the community, who may or may not be spiritually open? Do I focus on spiritually open folks, who do not have a Christian leaning (and maybe do not even want to go there)? Or do I focus on meeting and gathering Christian people to form some sort of core group? What should be my focus of time? Right now my answer is to do all three. But the problem comes on Tuesday night, when they all meet at the same time; I'm forced to make a decision. It becomes a strange balance of being faithful w/ my time and which is best for that week/day. Whatever I decide on the given week/day, it is a challenging decision. It creates another opportunity to listen to the Holy Spirit and step out in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment