Tuesday, July 28, 2009

encouragement from the trail

In the last couple of weeks I have been very encouraged by my neighbors here at cohousing. We have truly enjoyed all of our neighbors. They have welcomed us in ways I never thought possible. We connected right away w/ one couple here (in fact, before we even moved in). They have since become dear friends, w/ whom we share struggles and joys w/. Just recently, we have gotten to know other neighbors more closely and are building new friendships. A couple weeks ago one neighbor, w/ whom we talk and laugh w/ on a regular basis, out of the blue brought up spiritual matters w/ us, sharing where they've come from and where they're at now. I felt so honored that they would share this aspect of their life w/ us, knowing our vocation and all. These topics of conversation have continued ever since. Then, just this week another neighbor shared awesome words of encouragement w/ us. They said that since we have moved in (3 or so months ago), folks around here have rethought their perceptions of Christians. They've seen how we and our friends have welcomed and been friendly w/ others, how we parent, and how we're not too weird. This perception of us has shattered some people’s old paradigms of a stuffy, overbearing, and legalistic Christian faith. Again I felt so blessed to hear these words. I will tuck them away, and bring them out on a rainy day when I need a boost. I love my neighbors, and pray that we can continue to allow the Holy Spirit to tactfully guide our interactions, for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment