Monday, August 10, 2009

looking ahead

As the rain comes down a bit today, I’m reminded that fall is not too far away. Fall is a great time to start things, find our life rhythms again, and to again connect w/ our communities on a more regular basis. With these aspects of fall in mind, I am looking, daydreaming ahead and planning.

In the fall I’d love to find new expressions of our life and church rhythms. Those being: to be social, to deepen our spiritual walk in Him, and to live out our faith through service. I hope that as the church plant continues gaining momentum we will actively pursue times w/ each other, to simply hang out and be social, whether it is w/ movies nights, coffee times, the Wii bowling tournament I’ve been daydreaming about, or spontaneous times together. I hope we’ll communally deepen our spiritual walks together. We’re planning on continuing w/ our Monday Bible group, and will meet together to pray and daydream about the future of this ministry. Some of my daydreams include starting a men’s morning group and another small group (maybe focused on prayer and food?). I also hope that we’ll find room to serve our neighbors, neighborhood, and city together, maybe w/ a monthly service project in Happy Valley.

I believe we are all called to live these communal and personal rhythms of being social, deepening our spiritual lives in Him, and living our faith in service. Social, Spiritual, Service: these are aspects of the lifestyle I want to live, and would love to live out w/ you in the church plant. Let me know if any or all of this sounds good to you. We’d love some help in starting these new groups, or for you to simply join us along the way. It is an exciting time, and I am excited for this next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment