Monday, October 5, 2009

the run

This weekend we ran our half-marathon. It wasn't really just "our's", as there were 1,600 other people running. We ran in Leavenworth, WA, a beautiful spot. With a clear day, colors starting to come out, and a mountainous backdrop, we felt pretty good about the run. A few of our friends joined us, so it was a sweet time of hanging, running, and QT in the car.

Every time I finish a race it feels great, mostly b/c I can take a breather from training. The end marks the completion of a season of building up, of preparation, and sacrifice. Even though "our" race is over, I still feel I am in such a season. With my work, things are suddenly moving faster. Last week I was a part of starting 2 new small groups, while maintaining our Monday night Bible study. This week I start my 3rd week of working at the coffee house, and will begin mentoring some college guys, while getting ready to begin a couple other monthly groups w/ K8. It is not a season of resting, but building.

The autumn season seems to have this feel for many of us, things are more regular and routine and busy. My prayer for you, and me, is that as this season of building and busyness continues, we would take time to breathe, to rest in the midst of it, to spend a little QT w/ friends and family. My prayer is also that it would be a fruitful time of building, of seeing our savior in the midst of the busyness, to remained focused on what is most important in each moment. I am excited to see what fruit God brings forth as we step out and follow the callings He's placed on our lives. I'm also excited not to run for a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment