Friday, May 1, 2009

coming together

Tis the season to come together. I've been thinking about the strategy, vision, and values I hope the new church will have. As I do so, it feels a bit artificial (not my feelings or the ideas that are coming forth, but the process). These things (strategy, vision, and values) are things that we put a lot of work into, and then often put them on the shelf and forget about them. The process at times seems to place a higher priority on the process itself, rather than the people and their relationships (when it should be reversed). So I guess I am questioning the process, while at the same time acknowledging its value.

My hopes for the church revolve around developing a way of life together that is rooted in authentic relationship - relationship w/ God and w/ each other. I desire to find a common rhythm (to borrow a term from Mosaic - http://mosaicnw.com/ ) or rhythms together, w/ those 2 relationships at the center, that welcomes others, that's informed and growing in our walk w/ God, and that looks outward and serves others. As we begin to come together in different ways, I hope we'll come together in one of 3 ways: hanging out together, growing in Christ together, or serving others together. These 3 components are 3 elements of a lifestyle that I would like to share w/ others, a common lifestyle the church shares. These 3 lifestyle elements can be our strategy, our vision, and our values. Let me know how you see yourself sharing in this life w/ us.

No comments:

Post a Comment