Friday, May 8, 2009

i'm proud of my wife

I'm proud of my wife. Yesterday, we received news that a refined version of her master's thesis is going to published in an special edition of an academic journal called, "Mental Health, Religion, and Culture" (http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/carfax/13674676.html). We don't know when it will be in print, but we know she got in. Her research revolved around how women develop their identity as women, when they grow up in cultures that are not their home culture. These people are often called "Third Culture Kids," and include children of missionaries, international business people, and overseas military personnel. My prayer is that her research will help folks understand their upbringing and further empower them to be all they can be. Kate, my wife, worked very hard on this, and deserves this recognition. Getting research published was a goal she never thought she would accomplish... but she did it! She's smart and beautiful. Well done Kate; I'm very proud of all you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment