Friday, May 8, 2009

the run

This week I went to my 1st community run w/ Fairhaven Runners, a running store near our home. Every Tues. @ 6pm they have an “all paces run.” I thought it would be a great way to meet folks and make a community connection. I enjoy running, so it seemed like a natural fit. It was a cool time. I can tell that people know each other. They were very welcoming.

I ended up running w/ the group that was a bit above me, but it was a good challenge. I would never run at that pace by myself, but w/ the group I was able to keep up. Synergy, I guess. When we run together we are able to encourage each other along. In the case w/ this running group, they did not verbally push each other on. I was encouraged simply by their presence. I was thinking this is similar to our lives as well. I believe we are able to do more, and do it better, when we are in community. To be surrounded by folks who share the same rhythms of life offers support, accountability, friendship, and resources. As I think about the church we plan to start, the picture of group running together fits. Together we had purpose and synergy. My prayer is that we will run better together.

No comments:

Post a Comment