Friday, May 8, 2009

stamps

Come May 11th the cost to mail a letter will go up by 2 cents in the States. I thought this would be an easy and inexpensive way to bless my neighbors. Most of us still use snail mail, and it stinks when we’re caught on the increase. So next week I’m going to pass out envelops w/ some 2-cent stamps in them and my card.

As we are about to start our new church I find myself daydreaming about this community to-be. My hope is to live life w/ a community of people who share common lifestyle desires. 3 characteristics of my desired lifestyle include: 1) Hanging out together (over meals and/or drinks, and participating in what’s already happening (like the running club in the previous post), 2) Growing together in Christ (through reading the Bible, praying, worshipping, and eating), and 3) blessing our neighbors together (whether it’s regular service to others, or random things like giving away stamps. In these 3 things the common thread is authentic community w/ friends and God. If any or all of these aspects seem cool to you let me know. Jesus told us that the 2 most important things is to love God and love others; my prayer is that this will be the lifestyle I live and our new church focuses on.

No comments:

Post a Comment